NON-DISCLOSURE / NON-COMPETE AGREEMENT
This agreement is made as of the 23rd day of June, 2002, by and between: ACME Inc. located in CITY, STATE and JOHN INVENTOR located in CITY, STATE.
This Agreement shall govern the conditions of disclosure by JOHN INVENTOR to ACME Inc. of certain “Confidential Information” including but not limited to prototypes, drawings, data, trade secrets and intellectual property relating to the “Patent Pending” invention named “Mouse Trap” invented by JOHN INVENTOR.
With regard to the Confidential Information, ACME Inc. hereby agrees:
1. Not to use the information therein except for evaluating its interest in entering a business relationship with JOHN INVENTOR, based on the invention.
2. To safeguard the information against disclosure to others with the same degree of care as exercised with its own information of a similar nature.
3. Not to disclose the information to others, without the express written permission of JOHN INVENTOR, except that:
a. which ACME Inc. can demonstrate by written records was previously known;
b. which are now, or become in the future, public knowledge other than through acts or omissions of ACME Inc.;
c. which are lawfully obtained by ACME Inc. from sources independent of JOHN INVENTOR;
4. That ACME Inc. shall not directly or indirectly acquire any interest in, or design, create, manufacture, sell or otherwise deal with any item or product, containing, based upon or derived from the information, except as may be expressly agreed to in writing by JOHN INVENTOR.
5. That the secrecy obligations of ACME Inc. with respect to the information shall continue for a period ending 3 years from the date hereof.
JOHN INVENTOR will be entitled to obtain an injunction to prevent threatened or continued violation of this Agreement, but failure to enforce this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Parties have hereunto executed this Agreement as of the day and year first above written.
By: _____________________________ Date: _____________
JOHN INVENTOR and SIGNATURE
*** This is a sample and is not to be considered as legal advice of any sort. ***