Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

With regards to the international Day of girls, I want to share a great female inventor. Her name is Stephanie Louise Kwolek (Born July 31, 1923, Pittsburgh suburb of New Kensington, Pennsylvania, died on June 18, 2014) was an American Chemist of Polish heritage. She mainly worked for Dupont Company for forty years of her life. She is best known for inventing the first of a family of synthetic fibers of exceptional strength and stiffness: poly-paraphenylene terephthalamide—better known as Kevlar. Kevlar has been used in hundreds of products, including bicycle tires, tennis rackets, racing sails, body armor, frying pans, musical instruments, bulletproof vests, and more. It has also been used for protective building materials like bomb-proof materials, hurricane safe rooms, and bridge reinforcements. This synthetic fiber is five times stronger than steel. She was awarded the DuPont Company’s Lavoisier Medal for outstanding technical achievement. In 1995 she became the fourth woman to be added to the National Inventors Hall of Fame. She also received multiple international awards. The only purpose for sharing this is to inspire all those girls out there who face difficulties and lose their hope.

Theresa
    Participant

I was going to create this topic here as well but you beat me to it. Glad to have someone giving their due light to female inventors.

Julian
    Participant

The National Inventors Hall of Fame (NIHF) is an American organization which recognizes individual investors who hold a U.S. patent of highly significant technology. I was going through their list some time ago and have read about her. It’s a great achievement for her and obviously a great invention of utility for human beings.

Adam
    Participant

It is amazing how a synthetic product can have vast applications from musical instruments to bomb-proof materials.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Inventnet.com. All Rights Reserved

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account