Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

Hi, everyone. I’ve spent over $12,000 to a “Marketing Company” to try and get my product marketed. I signed a one year contract. Seemed like they just went through the motions for the year. They originally told me my invention had the potential toma make a million dollars! Everyone loves it but am at a standstill. Any help?

Julian
    Participant

Hi, Adam. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine. He signed over his invention to a marketing company in exchange for a promise of $. But nothing ever happened. He didn’t lose any money, but he lost time.
    The internet provides us with the means of directly meeting our customers online. That goes for direct sales, as well as licensing your product etc.
    I’ve been working on the idea of ‘affinity marketing groups’; you team up with inventors in the same product category/industry and create an online presence as a group.

I’m learning and improvising. Hence there will be a number of changes in the near future.
    It’s time to think outside of the box. Team up with your peers. Create win-win opportunities using the internet. Create high-quality theme-based invention-marketing-selling communities with good people. Set up an affiliate program between members of your group, plus a link to other high-quality groups. Base the commissions on sales. I hope in this way, we can help ourselves in marketing our inventions.

Veronica
    Participant

A message to everyone.

Please do your homework when it comes to market research. There is a HUGE difference in market research and these invention marketing companies you see on t.v.

I suggest having an invention evaluation done as a simple, inexpensive first step, preferably using the PIES-XII Preliminary Innovation Evaluation System. The Innovation Institute is one organization that uses this system, and the fee is only $200 for the evaluation. It is a very thorough look at the pros and cons of your product and an excellent tool for planning further development and/or marketing strategies. It also can save you thousands of dollars and heartache if your product doesn’t show any substantial commercial potential. With a positive evaluation in hand, you can then do your homework and decide the logical next step for your own unique situation. You certainly wouldn’t want to spend many thousands of dollars on marketing research if your product receives a low score on the PIES-XII invention evaluation. Good Luck!!

Maia
    Participant

Hi, Adam. For $12,000 I would demand some results.
    In this case, I would seek the advice from an Attorney. Do not give them any more funds and do not sign anything without your Attorney looking at it first. Any company that says it can make millions could be a scam.No Honest Company makes such Claims. Did you actually talk to the people that will be buying your product? Remember
    family and Friends do not count. I was ripped off by these kinds of Companies, I hate to see it happen to Anyone else. Please contact an Attorney A.S.A.P!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Inventnet.com. All Rights Reserved

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account