Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joe Steem
    Participant

Nikola Tesla, (born July 9/10, 1856, Smiljan, Austrian Empire [now in Croatia]—died January 7, 1943, New York, New York, U.S.), Serbian American inventor and engineer who discovered and patented the rotating magnetic field, the basis of most alternating-current machinery. He also developed the three-phase system of electric power transmission. He immigrated to the United States in 1884 and sold the patent rights to his system of alternating-current dynamos, transformers, and motors to George Westinghouse. In 1891 he invented the Tesla coil, an induction coil widely used in radio technology.

Chris
    Participant

I’m glad to see Tesla as the subject of first thread here, he’s my favorite inventor by far. The greatest mind of all time I would argue, but sadly still unknown to so many people.

Connor
    Participant

As I said on the other thread, I love to see lesser known inventors! Although I think more and more people have learned about Tesla in the recent years thanks to Elon Musk’s car company, which is a very good thing IMO.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Inventnet.com. All Rights Reserved

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account