Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, everyone. How can I save my innovation idea from stealing? Sorry if this question is a naive one. I am a new innovator and I am going to contact some financer about my innovation. Kindly tell me ways to protect my idea.

Julian
    Participant

Hi, Lucy no problem. Every kind of question is welcome here. Don’t feel shy we are here to help. So, there are multiple ways through which you can save your idea from a scam. You can always go for the patent, trademarks or copyrights.
    Basically, through a patent, the government gives you the right to exclude others from making, using or selling your invention from the day the patent is granted to a maximum of 20 years after the day you filed the patent. Patents are generally granted on criteria such as their novelty, utility, and ingenuity, or in simpler terms if they are new, useful and not obvious to someone skilled in the relevant field.
    Trademarks
    A trademark is defined as a word, symbol or design used to distinguish the wares or services of one person or organization from those of others in the marketplace. It’s different from a trade name, which is essentially the name under which you conduct your business.
    Copyright
    Copyright gives an owner the sole right to copy his or her work or permit someone else to do so.
    A copyrighted work is an original literary, artistic, musical and/or dramatic work. Copyright usually lasts for the life of the author, plus another 50 years. By taking advantage of your copyright, you will have exclusive right to stop someone else from reproducing your work.
    I hope this helps and best of luck for the future.

Veronica
    Participant

Julian explained it really well, I just want to add one more thing known as Industrial design. An industrial design can be a shape, configuration, pattern, ornament or any combination of these features. You can also register your industrial design with your government organization.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Inventnet.com. All Rights Reserved

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account